Your real estate salesperson is responsible for safeguarding your interests in a property transaction. Here are some pointers to take note of:
- Ensure that the salesperson is registered with CEA.
- Inform him of your requirements and settle the terms of engagement.
- Have him declare any conflict of interest to you.
- The agent should advise you on your eligibility and furnish you with details of the property you wish to purchase/rent.
- The agent should represent you in negotiations and forward you all offers and expressions of interest.
- Ensure that he explains the relevant documents before you sign on the dotted line.
- The salesperson is not allowed to represent two opposite parties in the transaction, handle transaction monies or recommend any moneylender to you.
More consumer tips can be found at this CEA’s publication - http://bit.ly/ZKXC2m
Martin Koh | 86666 944 | R020968Z
Sherry Tang | 9844 4400 | R020241C
Senior Sales Director
DTZ Property Network Pte Ltd (L3007960A)